Fusor Progress Log
Build an Inertial Electrostatic Confinement Fusor (IEC), detect fast neutrons and test new experiments to increase the rate of fusion.
Main Focus: Collecting parts and gaining a deeper understanding of how IEC works.
- Detailed schematic of reactor
- Bought 6 way 6" CF Port High Vacuum Chamber
- Read first 2 chapters of: Inertial Electrostatic Confinement by Miley, Murali
Main Focus: Grants, purchasing parts, designing potential experiments.
- $8,000 USD grant secured from Emergent Ventures (Thank you Tyler Cowen!)
- Negotiating prices for diffusion pump, mechanical pump other vacuum parts
- Understood the main barriers stopping IEC fusors from doing net-positive fusion (cathode losses)
- Ideating potential experiments to increase the rate of fusion in fusor
Main Focus: Purchasing parts
Progress: - Bought Edwards Diffstak 63MM Diffusion Pump - Bought Glassman HV PSU - Bought JB DV-142N Roughing Pump - Bought 40kV High Voltage Feedthrough - Bought majority of foreline vacuum parts - Bought conflat flanges for main chamber - Bought 200k Ohm Ballast Resistors - Bought Tungsten wire - Bought vacuum gauges - Spent countless hours on fusor net
To Purchase: - HV Stalk - Diffusion Pump’s Water Cooling System - Various NW10/16 flanges, O rings - Various HV Parts